Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SOG Specialty Knives & Tools F01T Tactical Tomahawk

SOG Specialty Knives & Tools F01T Tactical Tomahawk, Black Hardcased Reviews
Other products by SOG Specialty Knives & Tools


Click Here for Special Price!

The original Vietnam Tomahawk, SOG's F01T-N Tactical Tomahawk is the latest incarnation of one of history's most unusual weapons. This versatile piece of equipment handles a number of tasks including excavation, operations breaching, obstacle removal, and extraction, which makes the F01T-N an ideal tool for military and service personnel.


The SOG F01T-N Fusion Tactical Tomahawk Offers:
  • A 420 stainless steel head with 2.75-inch edge
  • Side hammer checkering for precise placement when pounding
  • A steel ferrule for additional strength
  • A durable ballistic polymer handle




The dependable, 420 stainless steel head has a 2.75-inch edge. View larger.


Side hammer checkering helps ensure precision when pounding. View larger.

Heavy-Duty Components Meet Military-Grade Needs
The F01T-N's 420 stainless steel head has a 2.75-inch edge and is coated in a scratch-resistant, black oxide coating for reduced reflectivity. The head is mounted to a polymer handle with heavy duty bolts. The handle has as a steel ferrule to prevent splitting, and side hammer checkering ensures precise placement when pounding.

Ergonomic, Lightweight Design Ensures Comfortable Use
Even if your blade is sharp, it's hard to make precise cuts if your axe doesn't fit comfortably in your hand. That's why this axe features a unique, ergonomic handle. Crafted from tough, ballistic polymer, the textured handle is slip-free, durable, and well-balanced. Also, at just 24 ounces, the F01T-N is lightweight and easy to carry, and it comes with a nylon sheath for added safety.

This axe is backed by a one-year warranty that protects against defects in manufacturing and materials.

About SOG: Strong, Innovative Specialty Tools
SOG originally stood for Studies and Observation Group, an elite joint services military group designed to handle covert operations during the Vietnam War. SOG Specialty Knives & Tools was founded in the spirit of this elite group and became the first knife manufacturer to offer an expanded line that included fixed blades, folding knives, and multipurpose tools.

Each SOG product is created by company Founder and Chief Engineer, Spencer Frazer. Known for their uncompromising style and performance, these knives and tools showcase innovation, dependability, and a unique, futuristic style that has garnered awards and recognition worldwide. SOG products have also won favor among law enforcement, military, and industrial customers that rely on their tools to perform flawlessly in the toughest, most adverse conditions.

What's in the Box
F01T-N Tactical axe and nylon sheath.

Technical Details

- Use this versatile tool for breaching operations, excavation, obstacle removal, extraction, and other utility applications
- Glass-reinforced nylon handle with 2.75-inch stainless steel ax head
- Tough ballistic polymer handle and nylon carry sheath
- An innovative, updated version of the Vietnam Tomahawk
- Length: 15.75-inches; Weight: 24-ounces; Lifetime Warranty
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
 "This is a Tough Tomahawk!!!" 2010-05-03
By Jeff Davis (Idaho)
I bought 2 of these tomahawks by SOG and I have put one of them through "hell" and it has performed like a champion! I had another tomahawk from a well known company who I will not mention here, but suffice it to say, the handle on that tomahawk broke after much less use than the SOG tomahawk! I have used the SOG "Tactical Tomahawk" to cut wood, dig, break cement, cut wire off a fence post as well as some other things which would possibly be considered "abusive" but it didn't break, chip or bend! I was hacking on a piece of wood on a sawhorse and I hit the handle hard, several times, just below the head on the edge of the sawhorse and that didn't break it and I guarantee a wooden handle would have broken! I used the side of the tomahawk to pound some nails because I was out a ways from the house cleaning up some fallen branches and noticed a spot in my fence which needed a quick repair and I did not have a hammer handy so I used the tomahawk and it worked fine! I have thrown this tomahawk quite a few times into a tree trunk and also missed, but the tomahawk hasn't broken or chipped! SOG is a brand which I expect will be good quality and this tomahawk does not disappoint!

Customer Buzz
 "Great Little Tomahawk" 2010-04-15
By C. Reid (Los Angeles CA)
Bought it and luv it, sharpens up great and keeps its edge, ordered another 2 as gifts. Next to fire water it is an injuns best freind!!

Customer Buzz
 "Brutal" 2010-04-05
By L. Long (Iraq)
This is the close combat hawk you are looking for. It isn't made for chopping wood, it's for chopping people. Like it or not, that's the way it is. It's durable and very sharp. It has a good weight to it. Don't worry about the drilled holes in the hawk, they don't affect the durability at all. Haven't put it to the test of true combat, hope I do. The only thing that should change is a sheath that can attach to molle gear. SOG should look at the SPAX for inspiration.

Customer Buzz
 "Awesome!" 2010-04-01
By M. Krystowiak
I have purchased other hatchet and tomahawks from Gerber and other companies, but none compare in quality to this item. It is extremely sharp, durable and has a great sheath you can also use to hook it to your belt. It is a little bit more top heavy than I anticipated and you have to be careful when chopping because the spike on back is long and could come back and get you if you aren't careful, but I still would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality tomahawk. Dealing with Amazon directly is always a plus because of their free shipping, prompt delivery and their great return policy. Great item at a great price.

Customer Buzz
 "Ouch!" 2010-03-28
By
This SOG Tomahawk is crazy wicked. It came right out of the box sharp as a razor blade; heck, I use the darn thing to open mail and packages. That is when I'm not working for the Uncle. Anyhow, it weighs next to nothing, but built very tough. Great buy!




~Murphy

Independent Contractor

"Battles are won and lost in the mind" ~Joan of Ark.


Images Product

Read more SOG Specialty Knives & Tools F01T Tactical Tomahawk, Black Hardcased

No comments:

Post a Comment